Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Alanis Morissette

Being the budding psychologist that I am, one of the most beneficial days of my life was the day that my old roommate let me know that Alanis Morissette was much, much more than a one-album-wonder. Yes, Jagged Little Pill launched her into the light, spending 12 non-consecutive weeks at the top of the United States Billboard 200 albums chart and selling 13.5 million copies, but I was honored to discover that there is much more depth to this artist than was displayed by the heartbroken and pseudo-violent lyrics that painted her portrait on the Pill.


Song in point: Everything. Off her most recent release to date, So-Called Chaos is a brilliant capture of her growth after a journey that has refined and honed her abilities as an artist, and her character as a person. I've personally gleaned many, many insights from this album. Check it out: It's a 5 out of 5 [ABSOLUTELY RAD!].

And this article was not even inspired by the above. Reason for writing: Guy Sigsworth. It has recently come to my attention that this talented gentleman, collaborator of both Björk and Imogen Heap, has been working on a new project: Alanis's upcoming album!

No comments: