Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recent Work!

I'm blowing off the dust of this thing! I've been able to do a lot of fun work lately for classes, and I want to show it off. I've also resurrected my deviantart account, so I'm just going to use the embed links from that, rather than up them to something else. Click on the picture to go to the page, then click on THAT picture to get a closer look at things! If you DO want to cruise my deviantart page, be warned that I post a lot of my figure drawings. Yes they're naked. That is all.

I'm going to be making a 3D animation! I'm surprised that I haven't posted this before, BUT here is the animatic version of it. An animatic is an animation without all of the 'tweens' in the movement. And yes, I did all the voices:


For the class I'm in this term, we're making our main character from the animatic in 3D! For any one who's curious, I sculpted the base mesh in ZBrush, topologized him in 3DCoat, and tweaked him in Maya.


Billy Front by ~bowtothetallone on deviantART


Billy Quarter-front by ~bowtothetallone on deviantART


Billy Side by ~bowtothetallone on deviantART


Billy Quarter-back View by ~bowtothetallone on deviantART


Billy Back by ~bowtothetallone on deviantART


Billy Wireframe by ~bowtothetallone on deviantART

I rendered this sucker for my Creative Industry Techniques class. We've been working with a way to render a scene using what are called mentalray nodes. Our assignment was to take a scene that we had textured in Texture and Lighting 1, and place the character that we modeled in Modeling 1 into the scene. Here are my results!


Jiggly Puff at the Bar Wide Shot by ~bowtothetallone on deviantART


Jiggly Puff at the Bar Close-Up by ~bowtothetallone on deviantART

Then in the other half of this class, we've been learning MEL scripting, which means that instead of using Maya's user interface directly (like clicking the buttons, moving everything with the tools, etc etc), I can go under the hood and program Maya to do the same things. What makes this cool is that I can have this code affect an unlimited number of objects at the same time, where if I did it by hand it would take ages. This next video was a lot of fun, and a lot of headaches to put together. If you want a little of the explanation about it, go directly to the youtube page and you'll find it in the video description. I like making things go boom!

3 comments:

Mindy Raye said...

The stuff you do never ceases to amaze me. I am so impressed!

shepherdhealth said...

You are the Bomb Diggity Jerome.

James said...

I love the kid's anguish over his frozen face. That made me happy. Because other people's pain usually does.