Friday, October 24, 2008

Prop 8

I want to post a few things about how I feel about Proposition 8, but before I do, I wanted to warn any readers who I know this is an extremely sensitive issue for. If your mind's made up on this issue, then I'd like to congratulate you and I encourage you to go out and vote for what you think is best knowing that you absolutely have my full blessing! However, if you would like more information about the Yes on Prop 8 side of the issue, then I encourage you to read on.

I'd like to start with a funny overview that I found tonight on a friend's site:


My institute director at my church in Berkeley, Brother Celaya, composed a couple of really incredible entries on his blog about Prop 8. I'd like to refer you to there also. Here is the first entry and Here is the second. Brother Celaya is one of the most kind, sincere, and intelligent men that I've ever known.

Finally, WhatIsProp8.org is pretty much the webular guru in regards to information about this Yes standpoint. Please check it out, it's EXTREMELY useful.

Now that you have access to many references, I'd like to just close by saying that I care deeply about this issue, and I care deeply about my friends. I have friends who are straight who feel so incredibly troubled about this issue and I send them my love and support. Many of my best friends are living a gay and lesbian lifestyle. I love them deeply and will honor their God-given right to choose whatever lifestyle that they'd like to choose, and hope that they will honor the life that I have chosen for myself.

I love you all, and thank you for taking your time to read my blog!

No comments: