Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh, My Turn on Earth!

When I was a kid, my parents had a lot of LDS videos, books, and CDs lying around the house. We had our favorites, like some of the Living Scriptures series (those things were rad), Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites, or Saturday's Warrior. I was perusing through things at Seagull Book today, and found the absolute classic, My Turn on Earth!



We had a movie night at institute tonight, and this was one of the movies I brought to be voted on. I was really hoping that it'd either be this or Spice World. Instead, we wound up choosing a very heavy drama, The Interpreter, which is a movie I love, but like I said, it's a pretty significantly heavy drama. I think our night could have been significantly more filled with laughter at the campy and hokey goodness that this musical provides. I got home and couldn't sleep so I turned this on and it's playing in the background. I haven't watched this for literally 15 years, and I'm so surprised: I TOTALLY can sing along to all of the songs still! And they're better than I remember! So here are some lyrics to sing you to sleep, and hopefully make good use of YOUR time on earth. This movie really makes me want to get a ginormous pencil to write My Story. Bigger is better - My 'large in stature'ness is enough proof of that.

Eenie Meenie Miney Mo, you can choose the way to go, but if you choose right you will see just how happy yoooooou can beeeeee!!! *groovy 70's beat*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never seen this, but it looks fun! AHH spice world. So Kathy!

KathE said...

You should TOTALLY go pick it up at Seagull book, either at a store or online. Do they even have that store in Houston?

Petra said...

I've never seen it either. Does that mean I'm not really Mormon?

(This is Hannah, btw.)

KathE said...

Actually, it does! You're no longer allowed at church. I'll tell the bishop to bar the door when you get back. :)

Hi Hannah!

Jenny said...

We grew UP with My Turn on Earth (Soundtrack)-- it comes in handy if you need an explanation on LIFE- good tunes - PS: I didn't know you have been blogging forever! - SO out of the loop,... :(

What's New in the West Coast?